Monday, 31 December 2012

why did i decide to do this project?


last february caroline buijs 
from flow magazine contacted me 
to ask that question and this 
is what i replied...


 A few months ago my older son left 
 home to go to university and alongside 
the happiness and pride I felt 
 was an incredible sense of loss. 

I miss him. 

I keep trying to remember all those 
funny little things I'd told myself 
 over the years I didn't need to record 
because they were so amazing I'd 
never forget.......but somehow they 
are just gone. 

I decided I should document the 
contents of Charlie's pockets because 
it tells me something more about him, 
they are beautiful in a way, and 
 at that moment in time, special to him. 

 And I know now I can't trust my memory.



day 364

1 comment:

  1. I've loved it.
    Your reasons are moving and honest and inspire me to try to work harder at documenting moments before they are faded memories.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete